Apple is having concern about the level of data collection on your phone.
Link to story here:
This is refreshing that Apple is standing up for its users, at least at face value. Working in software security we have always known Apple to take security more seriously than Android. An Apple device does cost more – but I think you get more privacy on Apple than you do on any Google device such as Android or Chromebook. The security industry has reported far more incidents with Android apps, including backdoors, data capturing, you name it. Here is some detail:
The Facebook app can track your activity while you are not even using the Facebook app on your phone. If you have not already, in your Facebook app, go to SETTINGS and Privacy – Your Facebook Information – Off Facebook Activity -and turn it OFF or delete the app and just log in using a browser.
Clean your phone of apps you don’t use – they can all spy on you. As someone who works in software, I can tell you, software will do anything a human tells it to. Your phone is collecting data about you constantly. Clean your phone and don’t let your kids download random apps. Pay close attention to all app settings for any app your children are using.
Watch out for updates – you might disable updates on children’s devices and be sure to review updates and settings if you do update – that is when new “features” get slipped in.
Free gaming apps as an example are basically mind control full of subluminal messages.
You might OK with that, and you might not. We can provide advice if you need help.
As the saying goes, nothing is ever truly free….
This is the screen you are looking for on your mobile phone Facebook app. Instructions below.
In your Facebook app:
- Scroll down a bit and tap the Settings & Privacy option.
- Now, tap the Settings option.
- Scroll down to locate the Off-Facebook activity tool under the Your Facebook Information header.
- Select the tool and then tap on More options.
- You’ll now see a dialogue box that includes the Manage Future Activity option. Tap that option and then press on the Manage Future Activity button.
- Now, toggle off the button next to the Future off-Facebook activity title to turn off your future ‘off-Facebook activity’ tracking.
If you need help, reach out to us and connect with one our Lincubate Techs to give you hand.
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fill in the below: